MN350 is seeking a dedicated, passionate, talented Operations Director to direct and develop organizational systems, including accounting, finance, resource development, risk management, human resources, infrastructure, and legal operations, in support of the organization’s mission to win a just solution to the climate crisis.
- Manage the accounting and finance functions and team, delegating where appropriate and retaining approval of work as needed.
- Lead annual budgeting process as part of organizational annual planning and creating the annual budget based on MN350 Theory of Change, organizational goals, and staffing plans
- Provide relevant financial information to the Executive Co-Directors, Board, and Leadership Team, and all budget holders, and assist them in understanding cash flows
- Oversee all accounting and reporting function processes to ensure smooth operation and quality financial records
- Manage the Development Team with appropriate delegation to coordinate Fundraising activities, including organizing development activity performed by the Executive Co-Directors
- Meeting annual budget income goals
- Producing timely grant reporting
- Assuring quality donor relationships and timely acknowledgments
- Own all major HR responsibilities, delegating to managers and administrative staff where appropriate, and retaining approval of key responsibilities as needed.
Legal and Risk Management
- Manage all legal functions, ensuring regulatory oversight and legal compliance
- Oversee risk management and legal documents: memorandum of understanding/agreement, letters of agreement, contracts, leases, etc.
- Oversee organizational insurance policies related to organizational liability
- Oversee development of infrastructure, including the establishment and coordination of subsidiary or independent entities, partner secondments, and third-party administrators
- Oversee all aspects of MN350’s physical plant, including office space and off-site activities
- Maintain and develop appropriate IT systems
- Collaborate with the Executive Co-Directors to provide input and strategic thinking into the organization’s operations, organizational structures, strategic direction, and vision
- Play a critical role in supporting and advancing a healthy organizational culture, where goals of diversity, equity, and inclusion are attained and where employee satisfaction is central
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience
- Experience providing oversight to HR and Operations across organizational functions
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding HR, labor law, and nonprofit organizations
- Familiarity with best practices in organizational culture development
- Strong movement building orientation and interpersonal relationship-building skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; ability to manage an unpredictable workflow and flexibility to respond thoughtfully and quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with office programs, databases, and software; ability to optimize finance and reporting systems
Full time, professional position. Salary range $45,000 – $57,000 based on experience.
Health, 401k match, paid vacation.
Part-time and consulting arrangements may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Location: Position will be based in MN350’s Minneapolis, Minnesota office.
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Open until filled, applications
requested by July 31th, 2019.
EOE. Women, people of color, indigenous/Native American and LGBTQ people encouraged to apply.
MN350 is a dynamic, volunteer-led grassroots organization building a people’s movement to demand that Minnesota take action and leadership in addressing the climate crisis in a just and sustainable way. It works with its sister organization MN350 Action (a 501c4 advocacy nonprofit), the global 350.org, and numerous coalition partners to build a movement for climate justice.